Saturday, March 9, 2013

One more... Ginkgo

Yarn: Elann Peruvian Baby Cashemere, 3.5 balls
Needles: US #4
Dimension after blocking: 6 1/2" x 84"

I swear I was not planning on making another Ginkgo, but.... somehow it just happened.
I was trying some simple lace stitches for fun, as in swatching.  But I saw the potential of it becoming a scarf, with simple Ginkgo motif. So, here it is.

I think it's all because how I work with my studio work, in series, that I cannot help but finding different way to use the motif.  Honestly I cannot guarantee there won't be more ginkgos, as some ideas are brewing in my head while knitting the scarf.



This, I believe was only the second time I'd ever made a full length scarf.
Scarves are not the most fun knitting, but it's actually more functional than shawls to me.

I used Elann Baby Cahsmere which is 60% baby alpaca, 30% merino, and 10% cashmere.  It's fiber content makes it very warm even for such a lacey pattern.  The scarf is long, blocked out to be 86" long.  I was able to wrap it around twice around my neck, which I like that a lot.  I think it will work with a bit shorter length as well.


3 comments:

  1. I'm happy there is another ginkgo. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Will you be writing a pattern for this one? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm planning on it :) just need to get it test knit, tech edit, etc.

      Delete